Play your part
The ways you can play your part in fundraising for GAM
How can you help?
“I have heard from various sources about the invaluable work the Academy is doing so I am very pleased to be your Patron.”
There are lots of ways you can get involved. Please click on each heading to learn more and remember to click the donate button if you are ready to help now.
Play Your Part Crowdfunding Campaign
In celebration of our 40th Anniversary, we are launching a Crowdfunding Appeal. Everything you need to know about how to join in will be shown here later in the year. Please do let us know if you would like us to contact you nearer the time so that you can Play Your Part.
Make a general contribution
“As a child, one doesn't really recognise or acknowledge the people and attitudes that have had an influence on one's life – that comes later as an adult when one reflects on one's childhood. But I know that every single child benefits from their experience of being at GAM, musically, socially and educationally.”
Support our Bursary Programme
“Watching my son start off as a little one to now being one of the eldest at GAM, going off to hopefully make music his career fills me with pride. I certainly could not have done this without GAM, their bursary scheme and kind support in that manner as well as their support of us more broadly. I was never made to feel anything but welcome, the finances were never a problem, everything was done in a positive and productive way. It made it easy to access and stay part of the group. Music feels like community and that has been so very important to us.”
- It costs £250 per term to support one student – you would provide individuals music lessons and opportunities to take part in ensembles
- Sponsor an instrument of your choice for a year at £750
Support our Stand By Me Programme
Inspire the older generation and help break down physical and social barriers
Peter had not been joining in with the singing up till that point but he told the children, “Nobody’s ever sung to me like that before. Thank you. It means a lot to me”, then he joined in with the rest of the sessions.
- It costs £5,000 a year to deliver our weekly programme Stand By Me to care homes, bringing very young children and older people together
- Sponsor a session at £170
Support our Performance Programme
“As well as a high level of teaching of the technical aspects of music, GAM immerses students in a love of music making, shared musicianship through ensemble playing, and embodies a community based on fun and mutual respect. I am very grateful to GAM for all they have taught me, both as a musician and as a person. I have gained many skills of team work, leadership, perseverance, and confidence through their inclusive and innovative teaching.”
- The Big String costs £7,000 to deliver every year
- Sponsor a seat in GYCO Inspire, our advanced ensemble for young people of Grade 8 plus standard at a cost of £300 per annum
- It cost £3,000 a year to run GYCO Inspire, for students at the top of their game
Leave us a gift in your Will
If the time is ever right for you to remember a charity in your will please remember Gloucestershire Academy of Music. Every gift – however large or small – makes a difference. Even 1% (so your loved ones inherit 99%) or a modest cash sum.
Your gift will:
- inspire the next generation of young musicians
- enable us to continue our great work as a centre of excellence in music education
- provide performance opportunities for our students through partnerships with leading professional orchestras and ensembles
Leaving a legacy really is the easiest and most cost-effective way for you to support our work, ensuring that music making in Gloucestershire survives and thrives long into the future.
If you would like to find out more about how you can support Gloucestershire Academy of Music with a gift in your will, get in touch with Kirsty Winnan, who will be happy to have an informal and confidential conversation with you firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can seek advice from your solicitor – all you need is the following information about us:
- Charity Name: Gloucestershire Academy of Music
- Address: Barbican House, 31 Barbican Road, Gloucester GL1 2JF
- Registered Charity Number: 1085708